History of Innovations
The founders of Access Health were passionate about access to health care, with quality results. Founded in September of 1999, the stakeholders of our company built a model that provided affordable health care and continuous health improvement to low income, uninsured individuals.
The model balanced partnerships between:
- health systems
- health advocacy groups
- civic organizations (passionate people improving our neighborhoods and community).
Access Health implemented its community multi-share model of care integration and shared risks by 1999, preceding the Affordable Care Act. For twenty years, our coverage model has demonstrated sustainable achievement of the triple aims of health reform: better health care, better health quality and lower healthcare costs.
Our model and practices heave continued to evolve over time with each lesson learned with experience as well as the dynamic legislation changes in our healthcare world.
Using our health risk management processes, Access Health demonstrated 35% savings in health cost while working with medically and socially complex indigent population under Muskegon Care, the state ABW program. These savings were reinvested in other population health improvement initiatives to extend the community’s safety net.
Recognizing the value of our innovative our community health plan, local employers sought us out to develop health improvement programs for their employees through our Continuous Health Improvement (CHI) Program. Our goal then- and now- is to manage risk, improve health, and increase savings. The CHI program uses health analytics and predictive modeling to identify risks and drive population health improvement activities through member engagement and health coaching.
We focus on:
- improving chronic disease management and incidence
- instilling positive lifestyle behaviors
- educating our members and the community regarding chronic conditions and lifestyle choices
- using data to drive impactful health changes
- forming strategic community partnerships to support our members in many aspects of life
- discovering new ways to engage our members, integrating modern teaching techniques and emerging technologies
From our beginnings in 1999 through today, we are dedicated to improving the health of our community.